Welcome to the 2022 Financial Assistance Program
NEED FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE?
- You may qualify for financial assistance through SMILE’s new financial assistance program!
- If you are experiencing financial difficulty, we may be able to help!
To qualify, you must reside in one of the following zip codes:
20688, 20629, 20657, 20685, 20676 or 20615
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who qualifies for financial assistance?
Anyone who resides in the Broomes Island Road south area of Calvert County may qualify.
- When will this program be available to me?
This program will be available to clients beginning January 2022.
- How do I apply for financial assistance?
Secure an application in one of the following ways: Request an application at the SMILE office, or you may download an application form at the bottom of this page.
- What documentation must I provide?
You should submit:
The completed application along with,
-Proof of identity (i.e., official government issued Identification (i.d.), or picture i.d., such as a driver’s license, or other proof of identity)
-Copy of utility cut-off notice, eviction, or foreclosure notice, or other bill as deemed appropriate
-Proof of the rental agreement, mortgage agreement, and landlord/payee information
- How do I return my application and required documentation to SMILE?
Submit your application to an interviewer or case manager in the SMILE office Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., or Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- What happens after I submit my application?
The case manager will verify the information and notify you within 24-48 hours of approval status and/or to request additional information.
To download a financial application form, click HERE