HOW TO BECOME A SMILE CLIENT
You must be a registered SMILE client and have a SMILE ID card in hand to receive any SMILE services, including the Food Pantry, Thrift Store, and Emergency Services.
To obtain a SMILE card, you must register at the SMILE Thrift Store during its normal hours of operation:
Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays: 10 am to 2 pm
Saturdays: 9 am to 12 noon
You may register for yourself and/or for a family member. When you arrive at the Thrift Store, please tell the receptionist at the front desk that you want to register for services.
What You Need to Bring to Register for SMILE Services
The following information and documents will be required at the time of registrationn:
1. Description or explanation of need
2. Proof of residency in SMILE's service area (zip codes: 20615, 20629, 20657, 20676, 20685, and 20688)
3. Mortgage document or rental agreement with your address in the service area
4. Copy of a utilities bill showing your address, such as a SMECO or Comcast bill
5. Proof of Identification (Driver's license or other State ID)
Once registered, you will receive a SMILE ID card which is valid for 6 months. Registrations must be updated and renewed at least every 6 months. This card must be presented whenever you want to receive SMILE services at the Food Pantry, Thrift Store, or to request Emergency Services.