You Must Register to Receive SMILE Services
- SMILE Food Pantry
- SMILE Thrift Store: Children of registered clients may be eligible to receive a seasonal clothing allotment.
- SMILE Thanksgiving Basket Distribution
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- Help to Avoid Foreclosure
HOW TO REGISTER TO BECOME A SMILE CLIENT
A current SMILE ID card must be presented to receive any SMILE services, including the Food Pantry, Thrift Store, and Emergency Services.
To obtain a SMILE card, you must register at the SMILE Thrift Store during its normal hours of operation:
|Monday - Tuesday||Closed|
|Wednesday - Friday||10:00 AM — 2:00 PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM — 12:00 PM|
You may register for yourself or for a family member. When you arrive at the Thrift Store, please tell the receptionist at the front desk that you want to register for services.
What to Bring to Register for SMILE services
The following information is required at the time of registration:
– Description or explanation of need
– Proof of residency in SMILE’s service area (zip codes: 20615, 20629, 20657, 20676, 20685, and 20688). Please be prepared to show one of the following that shows your address: a copy of a mortgage bill, lease agreement, SMECO or Comcast bill, etc.
– Proof of Identification (Driver’s license or other State ID)
Once registered, you will receive a SMILE ID card which is good for 6 months. You must renew and update your registration every 6 months. A current SMILE ID card must be presented whenever asking for any SMILE services, including the Food Pantry and Thrift Store, and when requesting Emergency Services.